Are storage products the answer to all your clutter woes? Truthfully, no.
There is a valid reason (even though you purchase tons of beautiful storage containers) you cannot control the clutter chaos in your kitchen and other rooms. The condition of feeling overwhelmed is created when there is no plan, but we will get to that topic another day.
That said, there are ways to organize your essential kitchen needs (the things you use daily or weekly) and make them easily accessible.
“The Hearth is where the Home Is” is not a cliché, at least in my household. In future blogs, I’ll discuss storage option ideas for other rooms. But first, here are a few kitchen clutter solutions that I recommend:
Kitchen Storage Solutions
- Pantry items can easily be corralled in clear bins – especially snacks and grains such as cereals and rice. Think of things that crumble, and contain them in a clear bin of your choosing.
- Canned foods can also be stored on a tiered Expand-a-Shelf, giving you more room for these products.
- If you collect plastic grocery bags, there are special containers that you can stick on the pantry wall that allow you to pull bags out one at a time.
- Spice racks are a great way to contain your favorite garlic powder, oregano, and thyme.
- One of my favorite products to contain and store spices is the small Lazy Susan that fits in a cabinet close to your stove area. In addition to spices, you can also store frequently used medications and vitamins on a Lazy Susan.
- Refrigerator bins (no need to buy more containers) can be useful for storing deli, cheese, and veggies. If you really like to see things contained, there are a variety of bins that can go in the fridge.
- Counter tops can get real messy very quickly, but if you have a container for those large utensils, they can be stored neatly in a canister, narrow pot, water pitcher, or any receptacle that is deep and wide enough to hold the essential large cooking utensils.
- Baskets and bowls are attractive and useful solutions to store bread and fruit products.
- Under-the-sink tubs or custom shelving is useful for storing any cleaning products.
As you can tell, there are a number of ways to calm the clutter chaos. Think creatively – and please share any ideas you might have for kitchen organization! Most importantly, be sure to purge out the unused and expired products when you implement some of these organizing strategies.