There is a season…
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
There is a season
And a time to every purpose, under heaven
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together
There is a season …
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing
To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn) …
Songwriters: Peter Seeger
Wow, this is week 7 of getting back to writing my Blog post. That means I have been in quarantine for seven weeks. I am stunned by how I measure time these days. What is 24 hours – what does that even mean anymore? I think it was Tom Hanks who recently said, every day is Saturday. Well, I am grateful this time warp is my status quo. Not for one second do I take this luxury for granted; I am painfully aware of those working daily in the Medical profession, Food Industry, Utilities services, and Security services. They do not have the option of choice – they are there to serve during the most challenging time in our country’s recent history.
My hope is that we do not become arrogant, bored and selfish as everyday becomes a Saturday. I choose to use this platform to express a plea for mankind. Be mindful of your attitude that the sun is out, the temps are warm and hey, it is ok to go have a grand time with your friends. These are not normal times and it is not ok to bounce back into our old ways. Be productive, be mindful, be selfless and set an example for your friends and family. This pandemic will get better but only if we choose wisely – how soon do we get out and how do we interact, so the virus does not spread.
Here are some tips for keeping it real.
- Stay informed on the most current Covid 19 resource information provided by your local news station.
- Read about the progress and the setbacks other countries have experienced.
- Listen to Dr. Fauci.
- Pause before you venture out. Do you have a mask? Do you have hand sanitizer?
- Get outside for fresh air but be wise in keeping your distance from others.
- Take stock of what you have processed during this isolation period regarding your wants and needs – what matters most?
- Listen to the request expressed by countless Health professionals. They need the time and space to get this virus under control. That will only happen if we are mindful of our interactions with other.
- Support small businesses when you can do so in a safe manner.
- Remember, There is a season…
“A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing”