What makes you decide to read a blog post? With time so precious and blogs options so overwhelming, it might be advantageous to be aware of several parameters. As you read the first paragraph, you should experience curiosity, inspiration, motivation, laughter, or at a minimum, the potential for insight to answers you are seeking.
- For intentional blog searches, google a limited number of specific words that define your need.
- When searching topics, it is easy to get lost in click link land. What to do? Reader beware!
- Always be aware of your time – how much time can, or should you devote to this blog before it impedes other tasks you need to get done that day.
- If you are prone to distraction, set timers to remind you of your boundaries.
- Better yet, plan a consistent block of time (with flexibility always an option) to do your blog reading.
- Be focused when you read – if you are distracted, you might miss the main points of the post.
- Take notes, electronically or on paper to retain the data, quotes, and thoughts inspired by the reading.
- Be sure to log the date, publication name and title of Blog.
- Print out the Blog if you want the entire piece for reference or file it electronically.
- If you find yourself bored or distracted while reading the blog, leave the piece for another day or seek out another Blog with same search criterion.
There are so many options and so much information available at the tap of a key. Make sure you know what you want to accomplish, even if it is distracted reading time to decompress. Productively using our time is ultimately about feeling a sense of completion and accomplishment at the end of the day.